PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2022, 11:31
ImagineIf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heartfelt commiserations to all the staff directly & indirectly involved in what must be a very sad, worrying time. Whilst I appreciate it wont be "that easy" for most people to switch elsewhere, those wishing to stay in the sector will easily find new employment. The majority of airlines and airport service providers are still thin on personnel and have recruitment drives underway. All the best to them for the future!

It is a terrible waste of a purpose built facility but sadly a business potential that was never realised. The second airport in that part of the region to close in less than 30 years, so what next?

Yorkshire will be back to only one major International facility, its proposed new terminal scrapped and the current infrastructure struggling to cope.

People dismissed the potential closure of DSA as somewhat negligible for TUI, I tend to disagree. They will struggle to move like for like capacity to LBA (as I don't think it can accommodate them fully) and they risk loosing more Yorkshire catchment & customer base if they move the program to an airport outside of the region. TUI certainly don't need more reasons to be paying out or refunding 1000's of customers for holidays that will no longer be going ahead right now off the back of a very damaging few years.