PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Finningley - South Yorks International..?
Old 7th Jan 2004, 02:39
Divergent Phugoid!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live somewhere close to Bawtry.

Two weeks ago I had to travel to Manchester airport on two occasions. Both times this took me 2 hours give or take 5 mins. The main problem being the A629 Woodhead pass, slow with every HGV not duelling on the A1 M1 M62 there. A57 closed due to landslide. M62 accidents every 10 miles or so according to the traf rep. Distance 74 miles.

Tonight I have to go to LHR, 170 miles approx, journey time in the region of two and a half hours.

I could travel to Finningley in 15 mins from home... 10 Miles.

As long as all the services are available, I know where I would rather fly from, probably the same as the rest of the population who live this side of the pennines.

If you fly over the local area, you will see that there is a clear way through from the M18 to Finningley. My guess? There will be an M18 spur road straight through! Oh, and there is a live BR link a mile away from the airfield. Could it be better served by road or rail???

As for the name... My guess is RAF FINNINGLEY is on the cards... all the local traffic signs recently replaced and the RAF FINNINGLEY signs were there!!

Last edited by Divergent Phugoid!; 7th Jan 2004 at 02:50.