PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truck drivers earning $150 K - Good for them.
Old 25th Sep 2022, 05:55
43Inches

Received 436 Likes on 238 Posts
My kids have only just recently finished school. They mostly went through the public school system. A few forays into some more expensive private schools, but they didn't seem to offer anything better, except $5000 worth of uniform to prance around in.

To put it in perspective, my first house cost me around $220k, had to borrow $160k, was earning an income of $35k. Latest house around $1mil, $500k loan, $100k income to start with. Owned a few houses in between, but they don't make money, just helped stay in the game.

Luck is more for the small business minded, starting up and having a niche to slide into can be very much luck. Working as an employee, you can roughly work out what is going to happen money wise on a regular income that's not going to change massively, building gradual wealth is not luck, its management and control. Luck is more related to the get rich quick schemes and high risk options.

The other thing is to get a partner that has a good job, if you are both on $100k then no probs at all.

Last edited by 43Inches; 25th Sep 2022 at 06:20.