PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truck drivers earning $150 K - Good for them.
Old 25th Sep 2022, 05:27
43Inches

Received 436 Likes on 238 Posts
A lifer FO at VA or QF is still on a huge income. Captains salaries open up a few more doors for lifestyle, but seriously on $100k+ a year is not struggling in any terms. Might not be able to afford an inner city mansion in Sydney or Melbourne, maybe Perths more your scene.

I have come across the odd pilot that has partied and spent their money on enjoying life get to 50 and suddenly think about retirement, but that's a life choice we can all make. Very few people I would have sympathy for because they have no money at that age through no fault of their own, very few in Australia that is.

Someone said to me you build wealth by spending on things you need and more importantly not spending it on what you don't. How much you earn is irrelevant beyond a point, if you waste enough, you'll never have enough.

And before someone says that's locking yourself in a room and boring. Needs include holidays and stuff for your health, including mental health.

Last edited by 43Inches; 25th Sep 2022 at 05:39.