PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2022, 23:08
A350Saltire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edi_local
It did add a new international arrivals hall and some jetties for wide-body aircraft, but it all looks very rushed and cheap with roofs and wiring being left exposed and it feels extremely unwelcoming. The seating areas at the gates are not big enough for the aircraft they were built to serve and there is often overcrowding at the lounges in the new area. Not to mention, the old EDI problem of one gate being used for 2 stands, and corridors having to be closed off to allow for bussed-in arrivals, so departing and arriving passengers don't mix still exist and It still suffers from passengers being held in damp, cold tunnels at busy times. They had a blank slate and the best they could come up with is still not fit for purpose, to be honest.
The new international arrivals hall was always supposed to be temporary I thought until the next phase of expansion takes place - building out east and then south-east.

Covid delayed that expansion but I imagine it is probably back on the cards again. They are definitely going to need more stands for wide bodies given the time some aircraft waited for a stand this summer.

I think the team at EDI have done a fantastic job growing the portfolio of routes and establishing EDI as the main Scottish airport and often they do not get enough credit for that however they must now address the infrastructure properly.