PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2022, 20:04
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Originally Posted by MJ89
A response in kind (but not nuclear) would have to be massive. and then, yes what would the response be, surely more nukes from russia, but if it avoids going straight to nukes im with that, but is that plan in place, they've had 6 months i would hope and expect so but still. tomahawks, scalp, and air force i presume to take out forces in Crimea, sinking every asset in the black sea and the fighting line and military across occupied ukraine. will take quite alot of our assets, inventory.
Problem with that isd the ships or sub will possibly have nukes on board.

A tactical weapon as far as I recall can be small enough to be delivered by cruise missile or even artillery. Not being well briefed any more on the Rusk threat I would tend to think that going full MAD for a small weapon would not be in NATOs thinking, more likely some serious conventional strikes would be more likely.
I just cannot see the reasoning for Russia to launch a large missile at NATO or Ukraine, that is most certainly not escalate to de-escalate.
I never said mass launch, just a single response, somewhere like the other end of the Kerch Bridge.