PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2022, 19:47
MJ89

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
A response in kind (but not nuclear) would have to be massive. and then, yes what would the response be, surely more nukes from russia, but if it avoids going straight to nukes im with that, but is that plan in place, they've had 6 months i would hope and expect so but still. tomahawks, scalp, and air force i presume to take out forces in Crimea, sinking every asset in the black sea and the fighting line and military across occupied ukraine. will take quite alot of our assets, inventory.

However take a few steps back to march and the atmosphere at the time was threatening Poland, estonia, baltics, Finland, Sweden. yes they are now reinforced, but maybe this is part of a "chess game." he wants us to play into.

My original reply was based on the scenario by one of the posters that a single nuke on "lets say snake island" would be,..appeasable.
To me, on principle alone, giving that impression, even thinking twice about it, is dangerous....

In practice we can do what we want but to start, infringing on the principal of mad is a salami slice.