PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Sky Marshals on Some UK Flights
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2004, 01:03
alpha charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
McC/Peter

Sorry, but I am indeed critical of your unions public approach and I am informed on the matter. If BALPA by their openly resistive public stance on the matter is seeking some kind of public support I'd be interested to know who they think its coming from.

From the onset its been one of resistance to what is, in my mind, a very sensible reaction to todays threats. And I would say Peter, that as to BALPA accepting the inevitability of sky marsalling, that was not the impression conveyed. However just watching the news this evening I am happy to see that a somewhat more cooperative approach by BALPA is being taken. I agree about nail clippers and the likes, however we're not discussing that. It has been the confrontational nature taken in public by professionals, for who I might add I have the greatest of respect , that has surprised me. I would have expected a quiet and considered reaction to something that affects not only the pilots but the travelling public as well. The response such as I witnessed on the telly and radio in this past week did nothing for BALPA 's members image , IMHO. I regret we differ in our views on the matter.

Further, why is reported that Virgin have a deal and BA don't? Why should there be any difference. (and that is a honest request for info)

Last edited by alpha charlie; 7th Jan 2004 at 01:31.