PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2022, 17:03
NutLoose

Received 2,943 Likes on 1,254 Posts
TB28B
The Russians made it clear they were talking about using them on the west and BPF put it better, and even if they used it in Ukraine it would effect the west and I believe trigger article 5.

If Russia uses a nuke of any size anywhere and there is not an overwhelming kinetic response from NATO then the nuclear taboo has been broken and you have enabled all the despots who have or are working towards nuclear weapons to use them. This would be an existential moment for the West.

If there is no action why would China not use tactical nukes on Taiwan or Pakistan on India?. It is the ultimate terror weapon
The only way you will ever prevent WW3 is to let the other side know that if they ever use a nuclear weapon we will respond in kind, it is that principal that has kept the Genie in the bottle all these years, without that assumed mutual destruction preventing the other side using nuclear weapons you are inviting Armageddon.

Having been on QRA with live weapons, as other on here no doubt have, the thought of ever launching them was frightening, but it was reassuring to know that we never would do that unless the other side did first, and one assumes that they viewed it the same way.

That and that alone is the only thing keeping the lid on them and long may it remain, no one wins.
Hence I stand by what I said, the only response is an equal response… saying we would launch a full blown conventional attack on Russia and all its bases WOULD bring on WW3 regardless.

​​​​​​…

Last edited by NutLoose; 23rd Sep 2022 at 17:33.