PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truck drivers earning $150 K - Good for them.
Old 23rd Sep 2022, 01:26
43Inches

Received 415 Likes on 229 Posts
Another example of a poster here ASSUMING my lack of knowledge about a subject. How do YOU KNOW that I do not have close family ties to the trucking industry and that is why I posted this?
I've driven trucks and know the deal. Comparing road train hauling with flying aircraft is just not comparable. That's why I added that a mine site job driving would be better for somebody wanting income and driving big machinery.

Is there a medical required every 12 months and every 6 months after sixty years of age? Is tracking the same as your every word and action being recorded? No it is not.
There is if you have a medical condition, its a self declaring system and once you hit a threshold you are required to do stress tests, regular tests, etc, all at the drivers cost. All good while you are young fit and healthy. I do my pilot medical stress tests at the same place the truckies do theirs.

The truckie lifestyle is really hard to maintain fitness as you age, both the long stints of sitting, sleeping, eating road stop food, it all adds up. Then there's the delivery deadlines and so forth meaning its all worked out to the minimum rest profile.

There's also the stress of other drivers and the inevitable prangs. Bit like train drivers, eventually somebody will step out in front of you, not an if, but when.