PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAE / AVRO 146
Thread: BAE / AVRO 146
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2022, 09:06
barry lloyd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jhieminga
This one: https://amzn.to/3qOYO5B ? First time I've heard of it (no pun intended). Price does appear to have gone down a tad compared to dixi188's post, but still quite a sum. I think I will await reviews first. Although I might be interested it does seem like an expensive tome and I'd like to be sure about its quality. If others are interested, the blurb from Amazon reads:

Edit: I see that the US site already has it available while the UK site states that it will be published on 20th October. I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer...
I have a copy of it because I made some contributions to it. I know the person who wrote it who, for reasons which he cannot define, became a huge fan of the 146. He did an enormous amount of research, including visits to the UK and the book has been some years in production. Call me biased, but I think it's a very comprehensive overview of the aircraft. Yes, it's quite a tome and definitely a coffee-table job, but without doubt a useful 'go-to' book for anything related to the 146.