PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Salary Review Time Again
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2022, 02:18
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Rhodes13
Those Qantas pilots you're referring to were all at EK on LWOP (leave without pay). Their deal was for maximum of 5 years at which point you either resigned from Qantas or went back. They also had pilots at QR and ANA.

They all went back.....

​​​​​​The simple fact is that the work rate at EK is unsustainable for a career no matter how much money you're paid. After circa 8 years there I was broken. Endless 2am departures, a management that can and will make changes to FTLS at a whim (changing a BNE from a 4 crew op to a 3 crew op which they quickly reversed) are a killer.

EK are still doing turns to China. That is insanity and shows how much your health (mental and physical) is valued at EK. You are simply a guest worker and a cost to be managed with almost no rights.

I had my passport withheld by EK on my last day after they unilaterally reduced my last severance cheque. I had to sign the paper to get my passport so I could leave the country. This is despite it being illegal in the UAE to do so. They then took 10 weeks to give me the remainder of my money. How's that for following the rule of law?

But please Aiming keep telling me how much better EK and the ME is compared to the UK/EU! Tell me again how much experience you have doing ULR ops and 900+ stick hours a year? Or living or working in the ME? No a family holiday to Dubai doesn't count.

Whilst you may have some valid points you refuse to acknowledge that you don't know what you don't know and prefer to constantly change the narrative to suit your very slanted view of the UK.

I'll ask again if it's so good why aren't you there yet? Given your ex Flybe and a current RYR pilot you should have the nearly 2000 hours needed to apply. Just remember that when you get there all your workmates are going to love to hear how they're all wrong about EK and that it's actually the greatest place on earth! ​​​​

​​​​​​
We need a like button.