PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ pilots under political pressure (merged)
Old 6th Jan 2004, 22:19
highcirrus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem Senior Minister. You get right on ahead adjusting the tracks and switching the signals on your train set. However, I’m not Singaporean, I’m an ex-pat pilot on a commercial contract with your airline and you have, without consultation, materially changed important parts of that contract and, because of the peculiarities of your own national politics, of which you are the architect, have bullied the former executive council of the Singapore Pilots’ Association into grossly changing the rest of it. Meanwhile, I continue working for you at vastly reduced salary from that I contracted for, legally bonded for a considerable time more, with a contract over which I had no control of the changes made to it. Perhaps, in the interest of the equity and fair play which your latest interview style purports to demonstrate, you would now like to release me from my bond, so that I can leave Singapore tomorrow and not have to share in the financial pain I did not contract for, an not interested in taking and which you deem necessary for the employees of Singapore Airlines, as I am not Singaporean and have zero to do with the future of your nation (the fact of which you have made repeatedly clear over the past 35 years). Release me and every ex-pat from their bond, Senior Minister and then let’s see who’s bluffing.