PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Her Majesty's funeral
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2022, 15:00
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Little foibles apart, which we as ex or current military seem to rejoice in noticing, I would seriously doubt the public the World over would have been in nothing but awe at the whole spectacle.
I myself having a quick channel flick was surprised at the depth of coverage from the likes of CNN, I suppose it is really a once in a generation event, no matter how tragic it was.

Yes, you get the big parades in China and N Korea that tend to be simply stationary troops in large formations as a column of vehicles proceed past, but this was different, these were troops marching in unison over long distances and with horses involved, often around some of the trickist obstacles with consummate ease and with the minimum of time for preparation.

You just couldn't get better and every one of them from the people shovelling up the horse manure to those in charge of the whole show, should feel justifiably proud to have taken part in a generational event and having produced a spectacle fit for our Queen for the whole World to see.. Few Countries come close to the pomp and pageantry we perform with aplomb.