PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Washington flights and security threats (merged)
Old 6th Jan 2004, 22:11
Wino
Union Goon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I don't believe that credit card debt is part of the search, but I could be wrong about that, So why don't you just pay your bill? I am sure you can contact the creditor and arrange a reduced charge off or something just to clear the account... Then you won't have to worry.

Michael,

Quite possibly true, unless there is something else about the flight that makes it a political statement...

Many countries have opted out of the skymarshal program by just agreeing to cancel flights should there be a known threat against them.

I have a suspicion now that the problem was that Tony Blair didn't want to be seen as caving to the terrorists so he wouldn't want to cancel and flights, so in his haste implemented a bad or incomplete program.

This is also a problem with BALPA and their loss of influence. If this has been going on for a year and they have been getting blown off by the ministers, then EVERY pilot in the UK needs to look in the mirror and stop dickin around with the IPA and get on board with BALPA and present ONE UNIFIED LOUD VOICE.

This has been an ongoing process for over a year since skymarshals were first discussed and I am astounded at how little influence BALPA has if what Danny just posted is true and now I see the problem.

Seams to remind me of what I used to tell you guys back on 99-00 about stop messing around with IPA and get on board with BALPA if you wanted to protect your jobs from the likes of me... You must speak with one loud voice, little splinter unions do you know good (and yes I know the irony of that as an APA member and I have been working to bring APA back to ALPA, so far unsuccessfully unfortuneately)

Does this count as an official "I told you so!" (and how's that for willy waving Danny )

Cheers
Wino