PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 21st Sep 2022, 08:50
Richard Dangle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've already made my thoughts (as an aviation professional of 27 years standing) on this utterly preventable, avoidable and unnecessary "accident" crystal clear in this thread and repetition will not strengthen my point, so I'll simply remark that I hope this genie is out the bottle and stays out. The genie being some of the archaic GA regulations and the resulting weak enforcement of them. I'm no longer in the aviation profession, but I know that many who are share my views.

Some of the immediately involved have faced the consequences... hopefully that does not end the matter, as a few minutes research just on this website alone will show dozens of accidents which share the same characteristics as this one.

Condolences to all the bereaved families and friends (including those of the pilot) but I hope they can endure the continuing spotlight in the hope that some good will come from it all.