PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2022, 08:08
fdr

Received 861 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by ORAC
Putin’s speech.

As expected, mobilisation of all reserves, annexation of the invaded Ukranian Oblasts including Kherson and a threat of the use of nukes if any attempt is made to reclaim them.

Good old Vlad' ! Apparently he has more confidence in the maintenance teams of the nukular force than would arise from recent displays of soviet maintenance practices.

Here's the thing; for the rest of the world to bend over and accept this without K.Y. jelly is to give over global domination to a psycho. This is as before, nuclear terrorism. He has zero legal right for what he is doing, it is time for the UN to censure Russia for being a terrorist state and act accordingly. The threat Pukin makes is to everyone on the 3rd rock, and that is an existential threat to civilisation, to which he assumes everyone else bends over, and, we don't even get to spoon afterwards.

No thanks; count me out of that plan. Prefer to stand up irrespective of the consequences than be subjugated to a psycho. I would be making noise to go to a higher DEFCON, as the UK, and the USA and the rest of the world has been explicitly threatened apparently.

If the UN GA and UN SC cannot see their way clear to save planet earth from this psycho, not sure why they get treated so well to represent us, they sure haven't done their job for at least the last 77 years.

SPF - 1,000,000, lots of iodine, step away from the light, and lets get this party rockin'. The rest of the rock may have issues, but 3 losers on an exchange at this time will be Russia, (lots of car parking available, no night lights needed) China, (expect a biblical famine) and India (famine for sure). As far as the UK goes, really guys, it isn't the same without the old lady, and once we left the EU, it really lost some colour and panache.

Question: how many nukes did Ukraine keep after 1991? Does Russia really think that all nukes were handed over in the utterly abysmal, shambolic transfer of devices following the morally bankrupt treaty that Russia entered into to maintain and defend the integrity of Ukraine, along with the rest of the world that was a party to the sell-out of Ukraine at that time? I suspect that not every bucket was returned to the shelf. Would be quietly happy to see Ukraine be provided facility to end Russia and specifically "the Dumma", those that have enabled Vlad.

Popcorn is cookin'

Russia is downwind of every target they are talking about, part of their strategic plan of course. Well plaid/played!

Translation:

Putin says the west wants to "weaken, divide, and destroy Russia." He says the west "openly says they broke up the USSR in 1991, and now is the time to do the same to Russia"

meaning - "I #~c&'d up..."

Putin: "The main goals of the special military operation remain unchanged. The Luhansk People's Republic has been completely liberated, and the Donetsk People's Republic has been partly liberated."

meaning - I have more civilians to murder in Donetsk.

Putin says Russia will support the referendums in Russian-occupied Ukraine. "Russia can't give up people close to her to be torn apart by executioners and fail to respond to their desire to determine their own fate."

meaning - you will agree to be part of the workers paradise or we will kill you and anyway, forge your signature, and still bury you in the unmarked grave. Is my AK barrel uncomfortable?

Putin announces "partial mobilization" in Russia.

meaning - Putin tries to find able bodied males and finds that the potato crop was effectively used this year.

Putin says mobilization starts today but will only affect people who are already in the army reserve. He's already signed the decree.

meaning - looking for anyone to get my a$$ out of the frying pan that I have placed myself in.

And here comes the nuclear part. He accuses the west of using "nuclear blackmail" against Russia.

meaning - I can use scary words, and you shall tremble and pay homage to me, Count Vlad, ruler of the universe.

(seriously, when has the west threatened Russia at all, they don't need to, Russia already has an enemy, he is in the Kremlin, named Vlad. ).

Here's Putin's decree on mobilization. It says mobilized Russians will be treated the same as contract troops. The criteria for exemption are age, health, being in jail, and working in the armaments industry.

meaning - I will treat you with the same disregard that I treat every other Russian contractor, who I care less over.

Shoigu:

"We are not fighting with Ukraine, but with the collective west."
meaning - HELP!

And more nuclear threats: "All types of arms, including the nuclear triad, are fulfilling their tasks."
meaning - you have seen our poppy tanks, our out of date rat packs, our rotten tyres, and our exploding cannons. You have been treated to our S-300's that boomerang to the sender, wait until you see our submarines, the mighty Kursk, our amazing Typhoons.... well, can you wait while we build a few more Borei's? Our LB ICBMs have been kept in tip top condition by the same people that gave us... the failed missiles from the Borei SLBM testing from the Typhoon.... We also have Backfires and Bears, they were good back in... 1960. Nothing wrong with that picture. Please don't mention the K-19, K-129 the K-219 and pretty much every other submarine that had the misfortune to be part of our mighty navy, including the Moskva, which filled a hole in our sub fleet.

And we are downwind of every target of note.

T28B: Feel free to relocate this post to the sin-bin/JB as desired. We are way past normal, the clock is 10 seconds to midnight, and we are about to find out if we are surrounded by lions or sheep. I think we are led by mice; the lack of moral fortitude by our representatives in the UN are in the process that brings us to this odd point in history. Article 27(3) has been there since 1945, and has been used, even applied to the UK, so why are we waiting for the adults to actually do their damned duty? WTF!

Russia declaring someone elses land as theirs by corrupt means and then threatening a response for a response that is sanctioned under the UN Charter is the last damned straw for the UN's gutless stance for 77 years. It is due to the rights given to Russia that NATO was established. It is time to declare Ukraine as a full member of NATO, or for the UN to abide by their charter. (phat chance... )

Last edited by fdr; 21st Sep 2022 at 08:44.