PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training seems condensed in aviation
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2022, 07:29
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Would disagree..whilst land as soon as possible would be nice there are times when it’s hours away as happened over the North Pole when our system gave two tracks 30 degrees apart.
Another in depth knowledge of engineering armed me for an argument with lazy engineers who didn’t want to examine the air conditioning turbine which had set off a engine vibration warning after take off..I elected to fly at fl250 and continue to base on one system (max altitude legally allowed).
The in-depth meteorology requirements certainly saved diversions and influenced safety when it was obvious (to me) that the locals had got it wrong. Whilst it was half a century ago I’m still learning micro meteorology as I paraglide..even yesterday after hiking to a take off and deciding that the gust factor wasn’t safe.
Then there is those who I’ve flown with who didn’t have the knowledge and held in a circuit breaker not understanding that it’s there to protect the wiring and not the device attached at the end.
After all it’s a confidence factor for the passengers as well..they don’t want uneducated thickos locked in up front.