PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Company SAR Times.
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2022, 19:11
RVDT

Location: After all, what’s more important than proving to someone on the internet that they’re wrong? - Manson
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by rescue520
Hi all,
Not 100% helicopter specific but will be used for a heli company.

What's software/ app does your company use or you have used for company SAR Time monitoring?

Currently using a 5 year-old iPhone that pilots Text or call that we manually respond and set an alarm on the same phone with the rego as the alarm name. Great for a hand full of aircraft but work for a large heli company with 150+ movements daily and poor ops member stuck with the phone does not have time much else.

Looked into a few lone worker type apps / software but the shortfall is only the end user can set / modify or cancel a SAR time. Some of our ops are very remote where only satphone or satellite coverage where Ops need the ability to set cancel or amend on behalf of the end user (pilot/aircrew)

Any help or a push in the right direction would be appreciated

Thanks!
I see your problem - SARTIME mandated by Ops Manual / Regs.

The pilot still has to communicate his "SARTIME" so I would look at asking your tracking provider to integrate something into their front end. Don't think that it would be too difficult as most of them can handle text comms.

"SARTIME" in this day and age is a fairly archaic way of doing things. Being archaic myself and from the days of HF and SARTIMES which would be the end of the next day, that left a lot of area to look in.

Tracking systems at least will tell you where you ended up within about 2 minutes at least. You do have a tracking system right?