PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Salary Review Time Again
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2022, 08:33
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rhodes13
Once again changing the story. Perhaps you should be a politician.

You said Virgin, which colloquially is taken to mean Virgin Atlantic not Virgin Australia or Virgin America especially given that you're posting from the UK. If you mean those companies you would have said so. You also said "say 5 years ago for sure."

Now I'm no English scholar but that statement implies you meant in the last 5 years. I'll go one better for you. No one joined EK from Virgin in the last 10 years. And BA yes, you could literally count them on one hand with multiple fingers missing.

Again when saying Qantas, you want to specify if its mainline or the regionals? When you try and paint a picture to suit a narrative its very easy to cherry pick the data. How about you mention all the people going the other way or does that not suit your agenda?

But sure keep painting the picture as bleak as possible for the UK/ ROW. Your tune is really quite tiresome.

I still have to ask if its so good why aren't you there yet instead of plodding it out in the UK?
Ok if we are being exact, last 10 years Virgin Atlantic you can find, admittedly only 2 on LinkedIn that says they were Virgin Atlantic before and now EK. You will have to search that yourself. I’m not posting names here!!
Yeah sure more going there other way. From what I have found/know people both EK and BA either way not that many. Definitely last 4 years you got BA guys gone EK and the other way. This just LinkedIn, not everyone is on LinkedIn.

The LinkedIn pages for Qantas people just said Qantas and flew B737 and A330 so pretty sure that’s mainline.

Yes the UK is pretty bleak especially if you’re a UK only citizen with a UK pilots license. 30% of the guys and gals I flown with are seriously worried about interest rate rises that will add in some cases £800 a month to there mortgage bill. You know what they say? At least the guys going to Qatar and EK get free housing.
As this thread is about salary review how much pay rise did BA get? They should be leading the way on things like this.

I never said rest of the world was that bleak. KLM, Air France are amazing. Terms and conditions are leading the way in EU land. US is amazing as well.

You are the guys/gals or maybe just one person that are travelling down a one way street with the bashing of Dubai and EK and yet the question should be why are you still there if that is the case?

For your sanity leave!!!

I was in a completely different career before. My boss and family told me I was mad to throw it all away and leave not just the company. It was a colleague who said if you don’t leave you will be a miserable lifer.

I am much happier flying.

Work in progress to the last point.