PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Top End JOBS impossible!!
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2022, 09:58
future_airline_cpt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top End JOBS impossible!!

Not gunna lie but getting that first job interview feels so impossible. It is just me that feels like flight training was so easy compared to this process of sitting and waiting and trying to get that coveted "first job". I guess this is a supply/demand game with DOZENS of guys flocking around Darwin trying to get that first break. I know I'm not the only one that feels jaded but how does one cope??? Head south and get an instructor rating on VET help and be lucky to get a job as a G3 because out of a class of 8-10 g3 students, only ONE will get a job with that same school that runs the flight instructor course. Before VET became a "thing" and I was strapping together every $1 to fund my flying, guys were self funding their instructor ratings and *almost* guaranteed a G3 job at the end. I say *almost*. But now with VET, the chances of gettting a G3 job with the school that put you through the course is SLIM.

Sorry I don't mean to vent too much and I reckon a few people will grill me but hey, it's slightly frustrating (to say the least) to invest so much into something and to potentially have to build up another career from scratch after dropping so much $$$$ on this flying dream.

Thanks for listening!