PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What has happened to the Mahindra Airvan?
Old 15th Sep 2022, 03:24
HarleyD2

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Ok I'll bite,

It is interesting to see the rumor mill is grinding still, but not always producing the finest or most accurate of information, but it is heartening to see support for the Airvan bubbling within the industry and its environs.

A few incorrect/inaccurate statements precede this post, and although maybe some have good interests at heart, it is best to know what the facts are prior to making such statements regarding events or issues.

The OP asked for Information, so I will stick to known and supportable, accurate information I have been told and not be speculative, or on the other hand, not, this IS a rumor network after all, however in the interests of maintaining a façade of reality, facts are more reliable than opinions, usually.

260 Airvans manufactured and sold, over 50% exported, the vast preponderance of which are still in daily operations in 25 or so countries around the world, and with a strong and active overseas second hand sales market indicating that a demand for new aircraft must therefore be idling, awaiting a re-emergence of this very successful Australian designed and manufactured product under a new ownership.

Gipps has been actively supporting this global customer fleet with parts and documentation on a daily basis since series airframe production was placed in hiatus in 2020. Many other product enhancement, engineering, component life extension and R&D projects have been successfully completed in the interim, so there is more than meets the eye (on pprune) that is going on behind the (oft times) closed hangar doors. Roll on summertime, and another La Nina

No significant media releases or public announcements have been made that reflect the status of GippsAero and when is intended to recommence production. Many of us in the industry await news of such. Clearly it's hibernating, not dead. (listen to the distant snoring of rivet guns).

Maybe someone needs to remind the folks at GA that the information vacuum surrounding this enterprise, especially here in Oz, is not always a helpful thing. maybe someone will.

HD2