PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2022, 15:28
jumpseater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TBSC
Wizz does not give a * about ILS category. They operate a dozen bases for nearly two decades with CAT I. ILS (all the polish bases until 5-6 years ago, Kutaisi, Tuzla, Sarajevo, Skopje, Kyiv, Lviv, Debrecen, Craiova, Burgas, Varna etc) or sometimes even no ILS at all. They just tried to operate multiple daily flights to an airport (Kukes) with nada landing aids (not even an NDB) and no lighting (other than a PAPI). They failed as it was predicted but they were still stupid enough to try. If they get the money they don't care about operational circumstances.
Well I may be mistaken re LBA ILS CATIII category, but WZZ certainly make regular use of precision approaches in the UK, CAT1 and above. I’m still doubtful on LBA, anyone familiar with WZZ knows they operate late evening flights, and LBA isn’t 24/7 as I recall. That instantly gives late runners a problem with extending airfield hours, handling agents, fuel etc to accommodate those events. So without extending the airport opening hours past 2300L, it’s already compromised as an alternative to DSA.