PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mosquito Squadron
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2022, 14:42
possel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GeeRam
Correct.
After the hangar roof collapse, Charles Church acquired from a farm in Canada, the fuselage of Lancaster KB994 to use in the rebuild of KB976. Kermit Weeks acquired this along with all the non-damaged bits of KB976 as a job lot, and which is still all packed in the shipping crate, that it all arrived in in Florida some 30+ years ago.

The roof damaged mid-section of KB976's fuselage went to Australia for use in the rebuild of a Lincoln at Moorabbin. And the damaged rearmost section of KB976's fuselage is (or was) on display at Aeroventure in Doncaster.
I visited East Kirkby recently and they have the rear fuselage of KB976 in a jig being repaired. The plan is that this winter they will fit that to NX611 (so that it remains taxiable), then repair the rear fuselage of NX611 in the same jig and swap them back again. They are doing the same sort of thing with the wings of NX664 at Le Bourget. This is all part of the plan to make NX611 airworthy with original components. Make donations at www.lincsaviation.co.uk (I have no connection with them other than I remember NX611 on the gate at Scampton...).