PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2022, 13:19
richpea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott C
No, ground-based colleagues.

Although it is essentially a career change, my ultimate goal has always to be a commercial Pilot... ever since I was 5 years old. However, i've tried to stay within the industry to help my experience and personal development - I suppose it could be seen as a stepping stone to where I want to be...

I was lined up to go to Smart Aviation but i've heard some worrying things lately, so will now likely be going to Adriana. Going over in a couple of weeks to visit both and make a final decision.
Thought as much... most of the pilots I've talked to have always been very supportive when it comes to age... the most negative thing I've heard is that sometimes it might be the case where if its a straight choice between someone like us and a young buck, the airline will naturally see a longer investment in the younger guy. But that shouldn't dissuade, if you've got the skills, you'll find something!

I went to Smart, finished at the end of May. Had a really great time. Feel free to PM me if you want a detailed opinion.