PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DOHA ATCO 2022
Thread: DOHA ATCO 2022
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2022, 04:39
ATC alert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disputing Accuracy?

Thank you most everyone for your continued contributions to the post I began not so long ago. Even those who are slinging the insults defending Qatar your comments are most welcome.

The purpose of this thread is entirely to warn, save, inform those experienced and qualified controllers of the current and past state of the QCAA. Those who need a break, a bone thrown,, are somewhat in a difficult position and just need a job so no amount of information will save them.

Those 1-2 individuals defending Qatar throwing insults will unfortunately one day regret their defence with the exception of a boy from Portugal, but 200 displeased ATCO's who are no longer there since 2001 can't be as wrong as the few currently satisfied staff. Bitter and twisted, I don't think that's accurate. In my case yes I'm very disappointed with the QCAA but I have a better job, in a better country with much better management so I am not twisted just on a mission to save those from that bad experience.

I'm sure everyone hopes these lack of standards, professionalism, real management and real recruiting won't end in some tragic event, thankfully that most likely won't happen. However I knew of a few controllers in Doha who left after experiencing some very close calls that they chose they couldn't be a part of and it probably haunts them to this day how close an accident came. The thing is that in great places to work or at least professional and average places, generally speaking these close calls, losses and scared shi...ss moments just don't happen or at a fraction of what they do in Doha.

I hope that one day they will cut the ties with all the local management (Ahmed and Company) there, get rid of the couple of senior controllers who just have an allegiance because they were desperate at some point and the QCAA gave them a break so they reinforce or influence the bad decisions being made there. If they can bring a qualified foreign ANS provider in to straighten this place up and run it like a professional branch it should be, then Doha would be a great place to go and experience for a couple of years.

Stay safe everyone