PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2022, 15:16
Scott C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coolsuper1998
Trust me you are fine. Finish your training and just start applying. 30’s is still very young
Thank you. I definitely intend to - all being well by the end of the year i'll be submitting applications.

Originally Posted by tolip1
You have excellent credentials - go for it.
Great, thanks!

Originally Posted by richpea
I have a similar story but with less of an aviation career background pre-licenses and an extra 8 years ahead of you.... it takes all sorts and any experience is good experience. What the kids have in potential career longevity and being a fresh slate to mould, we make up for in proven resilience, people skills and realistic expectations!

Good luck with it!
Thanks very much. I hope you're right.

Originally Posted by rudestuff
31 is old? Is this some kind of joke?
I don't think it is - The last 15 years i've had time to learn a lot about the industry and what's goes on outside the cockpit in other departments.

The reason I asked this is because when i've talked to colleagues and others about going to Poland for 2 months to complete my flying training, i've had a few comments along the lines of "Aren't you about 10 years too old to start being a Pilot?" I suppose I was looking for some re-assurance from those within the industry that I do definitely still have as a good a chance as anyone of a flying career.