PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK ATPL to FAA
Thread: UK ATPL to FAA
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2022, 19:29
Hass777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Guys, again I'd like to thank you all for your responses,I really appreciate it - apologies for the delayed response.

I understand that the beard issue might seem a little frivolous but my religion requires me to keep one so unfortunately shaving it off completely wouldn't be an option for me I’m aware most airlines in the US do not allow beards but after doing some research and reaching out to some airlines, I found that there are some major airlines that do allow beards (Allegiant, JetBlue etc.). Part 135 operators that I contacted also allow beards, however none of the regionals that I researched or contacted allow any beards.

So my question was, would it be possible to go through all my ratings with a flight school that allows beards and then build up the necessary turbine hours required by the major airlines at a part 135 operator and then get hired by a major (such as Allegiant)? This route avoids the regionals since they do not allow beards. Do major airlines consider hiring pilots who meet their requirements but have no regional airline experience? From your experiences/knowledge would this be possible?

Any other tips or guidance you may have for me would be greatly appreciated