PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 CFU - BHX 3.75HRS ARRIVAL DELAY REJECTED now where? See CAA response below too
Old 8th Sep 2022, 18:21
Flying Wild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zambonidriver
Well on 20.6 the flight was scheduled and was operated by G-GDFD which did not fly earlier on that day.
It is certainly the case that the crew might have operated another aircraft on that day but departure being scheduled at 08:30 I don’t see any “eligible” inbound Jet2 before 07:30 (although I don’t know Jet2 specifics I’d wager that they have to report at the aircraft at least 1h before departure). So my take is that it was the first flight of the day for said crew. How did they “unexpectedly” get out of flying hours ?
Flight duty periods result in a rest of 12 hours or if flight duty period exceeds 12 hours, rest equal to the length of the preceding Duty.
If a previous duty by a crew member operating the flight in question was delayed, resulting in the crew member being out of hours for the scheduled departure time of OPs flight, Jet2 could have either found another crew member to replace them, or delay the flight to allow that crew member to have their minimum required rest. If the latter, one could argue it falls under EU261.