PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 6th Sep 2022, 14:32
Cris.P76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A320LGW
I'd stay away from this website and anyone trying to sell you interview preparation for Ryanair. The Ryanair interview zones in on a few very important things:

Do you know why you want to work for them (large company, opportunites, excellent training ... take your pick!)
Do you know why they should hire you? (you are ambitious, a hard worker, want to learn from the best etc .. again take your pick!)
Are you safe! (emphasise your focus on being a safe pilot)
Can that pilot interviewing envisage themselves sitting next to you all day long without wanting to harm you
Do you know the basic stuff that you should know about aircraft you have flown
Show your personality, they are lovely people and they do show an interest in everybody. Just be polite, have a nice vibe about you, you will not go wrong

That is it. No need to pay anybody for anything and the sheer audacity of these alleged pilots who know full well there is next to nothing to the Ryanair interview is incredible. Profiteering off of people's nerves that the interviewers themselves solve the second the candidate sits down. They deliberately have a conversation style interview to relax everybody and really see "you". This is not a British Airways style interview. It's well known the real assessment in Ryanair is the sim. The interview is just for them to make sure they are not hiring a dangerous pilot or someone with a bad personality disorder. It's very difficult to go wrong.

I would however go hire a 737 sim for a few hours and fly some profiles with a certified instructor and get some good tips.
Originally Posted by Brian Pern
Its your money, but there is no mention of cost, which should set off alarm bells. What A320LGW says is true.
Well, I'm going to kindly disagree. I did the course with them 3 weeks ago, as a friend of mine recommend me to them, and I have to say it's quite worth it. I saved a huge amount of research time on the internet, as all you need to know is provided by them in their program. As a matter of fact, they sell it as a 'course', but I have to say that it's more like a personalized mentoring service where they provide you full guidance in a course format that makes you fully prepared for the actual day. Also, for a 22 year old like myself, the assessment was my first ever interview, therefore it really helped me to practice out loud all of the RYR interview Q&A dynamics on a simulated interview scenario. Some people will find it useful, others won't. But for me it very much helped with passing the assessment.