PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 6th Sep 2022, 07:04
ikindaloveplanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coolsuper1998
I found it so helpful when others explained their day so here is mine.I passed with APS MCC on the 737 with Ryanair in March 2022. I did a 4 hour sim refresher two days before the assessment with VA airlines.

Studied using pilotassessment.com

Arrived at 8:20 so I wouldn’t have to wait around. Met by HR, fire exits, canteen and toilets shown. Company presentation.

Presentation by one of the assessors basically went through a detailed brief of what we are expected to do in the sim.

I had sometime to brief with my partner.

Hr and Technical

Tell us about yourself?

What do you know about Ryanair? Fleet 471 737s 29 a320s 1 charter 210 in order. 90% on time from July 2022 company report

Difference between ng and max ? Configuration. So I spoke about seats differences and exit doors.

What made you want to fly ?

What are sops and why are they important? Standard operation procedures. Safety, communication I.e language barriers and efficiency.

What would you do if a captain did not follow sops ? Play on inexperience. Capt I read sops are x but I noticed you did y what is the reason , did I read wrong. Safety ! So also I would say I’m uncomfortable ect

What was the hardest part of your training ? Me ATPLs and why

Have you appplied to any other airlines?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years ? Captain if I and the airline agreed I was ready. Also want to get into teaching so type rating instructor.

What makes a good type rating instructor?

Tech

Tell me something anything you want and we can start from there

I spoke about winglet I.E on the max being more effective because of less drag

Difference between max and ng winglets ? I didn’t know could not think. Spilt winglet vs plain

What type of wings do Ryanair use? Swept

Angle ? 25

Advantages and disadvantages ?

Good

Increase Mcrit able to fly faster. Lateral stability in turbulence.

Bad

Induced drag poor lift corrected me and said when ? Low speeds.

Tora , what does runway available mean? Length of runway for takeoff acceleration roll

Toda? tora plus clearway

Clearway? Area beyond runway for initial climb

Minimum width of clearway? 152 m

Windows on plane which ones are heated and with what?

Electrical. Far side windows not heated.

What is lenticular cloud ? Mountain wave cloud

which side ? Lee side

Believe that was it. I also remember being asked about my notice period and if I had funds available.

I was asked if I had any questions.

Sim

I was PM

Was told not to say 2 degrees left instead just general call outs ie heading speed ect

Very strict on pm and pf roles.

My flight as PF was pretty good

So take off East Midlands followed sid

Clean configuration

General handing

Increase speed while maintaining altitude. Pitch for speed and 80% thrust

Decrease speed while maintaining altitude. Pitch for speed and idle thrust.

Climb / descend with 800 ft per min. Set pitch and control speed with thrust.

Steep turn in your choice of direction. Just keep the triangle in the two lines and back pressure

Some sort of failure

PF: state malfunction

PM : states

PF: make sure you agree !! Your radios controls and request qrh

piosee /dodar

Nits

Set up for ILS

repositioned

Raw data ILS

I was like 1000ft high but no visual ? Sim had a fault. Go around executed . Same problem again. Time spent waiting for it to be fixed. Repositioned kept glide slope and localised fixed landed.

Outcome : passed
Thank you so much for your review :-)
Just a question: the A/T remains engaged when flying the SID until reaching the cleared altitude, right?
So there is no need that the PM needs to set manually the climb thrust during T/O, right? Just need to verify that FMA displays N1.
Thanks in advance :-)