PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Bonza' LCC launches middle 2022 with B737 MAX
Old 5th Sep 2022, 02:18
Deano969

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by MickG0105
I said I found it interesting, not sinister.

Given all the hoop-la about the seventh aircraft being needed to meet the ever-increasing demand for Rex’s services I think it is interesting that there seems to be no urgency to get it into use. Also interesting that at the same time Rex was talking about increasing demand, they were cutting Sydney-Melbourne services by 15 percent with no additional services added elsewhere on the jet network.

Rex told the ASX that they would have their seventh and eighth jets delivered in August last year. So, to the extent I expressed scepticism about this year's announcement of the seventh jet arriving, it was based entirely on Rex's track record of announcing pending additions to their fleet to the ASX and then failing to deliver.

Separately, do Rex have 120 aircraft on the Australian register? Even with Pel-Air thrown in I wouldn't have thought it would be more than 80 or so in total.
I thought it very prudent that REX put off taking delivery of number 7 and 8 in 2021 due to the lockdowns and boarder closures along with virtual grounding of their flee at the time
The first 6 738s came from VA and went straight into the fleet after a repaint
The 7th appears to have a different seating configuration, likely needing time to be rectified, so probably need to get this sorted prior to being registered in Australia