PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Babcock Mission Critical Services Australasia
Old 5th Sep 2022, 00:11
SLFMS

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Budgie I hear you Brother. I’m sure many of your workmates feel exactly the same even if not stating so. The 60 hours “free” OT is appalling. Only someone that has done the job understands getting home late often on your first day off after scooping broken people from the road and having to reschedule all your plans often with family. To not get paid for it, well where to start with that little idea.

Good luck, before swapping boats though know they are all the same model, I think Alan Joyce is their secret leader.

Chopperdavo you might not realise it but it’s the top paying jobs that drags the others rates up. Australian law gives everyone the right to an EBA and the AFAP will support. You will need all your co workers on board which is unlikely but the fault of the workforce not the employer.
Instructing has and always will be low payed. I would suggest up skilling and greener pastures if you do not like the conditions and pay. On the plus side you’d never have to teach straight and level again….

Last edited by SLFMS; 5th Sep 2022 at 00:23.