PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Bonza' LCC launches middle 2022 with B737 MAX
Old 4th Sep 2022, 22:55
MickG0105

Received 214 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizofoz
Rex have 120 aircraft on the Aus register including 6 737s, and have been in business for 20 years- are you really suggesting something is amiss in how they choose to go about registering number 7? Could be lease arrangements, could have to do with getting it into the right config- you previously expressed scepticism it was even going to arrive- do you still have some need to think it's not going to be flying for Rex when it's in country in their colour scheme?
I said I found it interesting, not sinister.

Given all the hoop-la about the seventh aircraft being needed to meet the ever-increasing demand for Rex’s services I think it is interesting that there seems to be no urgency to get it into use. Also interesting that at the same time Rex was talking about increasing demand, they were cutting Sydney-Melbourne services by 15 percent with no additional services added elsewhere on the jet network.

Rex told the ASX that they would have their seventh and eighth jets delivered in August last year. So, to the extent I expressed scepticism about this year's announcement of the seventh jet arriving, it was based entirely on Rex's track record of announcing pending additions to their fleet to the ASX and then failing to deliver.

Separately, do Rex have 120 aircraft on the Australian register? Even with Pel-Air thrown in I wouldn't have thought it would be more than 80 or so in total.

Last edited by MickG0105; 4th Sep 2022 at 23:13. Reason: Correction to last year's fleet announcement