PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2022, 14:08
jumpseater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TBSC
What industry? Aviation in the '60s? A fascinating new thing called computer does it in a blink of an eye.
Also what 90 days? Wizz crew learnt it from the news that their base is closing with a week's notice.
Yep and that fascinating computer needs manipulation by somebody to administer all those changes. Do you think when Mrs Smith says ‘ooh I can’t do June 3rd, but I can do June 12th’ that this wonderful computer gadget you make mention of sorts it all out automatically?That’s why you get ‘quite a lot’ of complaining about customer service levels, lack of refunds and efficiency. The email goes out in seconds, but how long does it take to sort the inbound response? Therein lies the issue, and companies don’t wast money making those problems worse, though WZZuk may be the exception to prove the rule.

WZZUK did close their base with a week or so notice. From my basic redundancy knowledge, as they ‘offered’ redeployment and transfers to other bases they don’t need 45/90 day notice as they were offering alternative identical positions within the company.