PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Laker Airways IT and charter
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2022, 19:36
treadigraph
Gnome de PPRuNe

Received 309 Likes on 171 Posts
Progressing steadily through Vol II of the book... couple of familiar names, Malcolm Fillmore who I recognise from my Air Britain membership days, didn't know he was an accountant and part of the liquidation (?) team dealing with Laker's insolvency. The other is Judge Michael Mustill who seemed to have put Laker supporter's backs up in favour of the opposition during one of the many court hearings - the name rings a bell as I seem to recall he also erred towards the British & Commonwealth Shipping side during some of their litigation with the Tiger Club over their Redhill Aerodrome lease. Makes you wonder...

Mentioned the books to my aunt while visiting yesterday and she told me that she and my uncle were caught by Laker's collapse while they were on a Spanish island, much to my aunt's great distress - she worries about not having anything to worry about. My uncle was utterly sanguine, he had a credit card, they'd simply buy tickets on another airline - in the event they were flown home under the usual ATOL protection...