PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2004, 01:36
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Forget,

"a coke can and a couple of Jubilee Clips" yup, I remember that.

I also remember an airman, in 'scruff order' ie a lunch suit that he had been in for the past 12 hours or so. He took one look in the airmen's toilets in Hickham and went immediately to the officers. A USAF Major caalled him Sir. Niether of us blinked <G>.

You were wrong about Cottesmore though. Cottesmore used to be the FEAF wing but their aircraft were transfered to Waddo prior to them going to Cyprus.

Joe Quinn was the Waddington Sqn Ldr Wg AEO. I remember he dropped a cigarette in the terminal in Hawaii. He was half down to the ground to pick it up when he remembered the price of a duty free (to replace the duty paid he had just dropped) was not worth the effort.

The Exercise was, I think, Sunflower. Moonflower was the route through the Gulf and Sunflower was the one we were trialling the the westabout. I may be mistaken but I think that was right. The respective Operations were Tarboosh and Stetson. Really security eh!