PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2022, 12:42
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by True Blue
The issue is that a lot of people of working age decided that they could no longer be bothered to work. A lot of these people have left the workplace and furlough will have a lot of very negative effects in this country for years to come. There is a crisis - where is the next handout is now the norm. Just about every business I come into contact with have vacancies, yet for many working a few more hours to help with their cash needs does not seem to be an option. And I am talking about businesses that pay good wages and good T & C's.
This is utter gas lighting and deflective nonsense afraid to say and certainly not reflected in any figures I can see
Through repeated by the likes of RH Mogg of the nineteenth century
Yes there are a core of baby boomers 55 and above that have made enough money to early retire and good on them equally there remains a tide of ageism in the work place for those in the same age bands that actually do want to work
The second could be targeted I suppose via incentives within the tax and benefits system I agree however there should be no enforced returns imho