PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2022, 13:53
Sk1schoolsam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
I am sorry, but for the majority of would be travellers in the next 12/24 month their wish list will be keeping themselves warm and with food on the table!!

All this complete nonsense that is being spouted on various threads (and I'm not fingering Edinburgh in particular) takes no account of the dire financial situation most people are going to find themselves in, let alone the country (The UK that is) which will likely be in a fairly deep recession, possibly a depression.

Apologies for the dose of realism!
I appreciate the point your making, and there’s now hiding from the fact that there will be an impact however as seen in every other recession, not everyone is as affected as you describe.
Your view seams very outbound westerly focused not taken into account the flow of traffic originating from North America in your statement where the I would argue there will remain sustainable wealth and source of east bound traffic. We’re not shutting shop and pulling down the shutters.
And then you only need to look at Tyanairs CEO press yesterday for test another different perspective on short haul- he’s predicting growth.