PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shenzhen & Hainan A/Ls hiring
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2004, 23:23
Le Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lack of Info

Foreign worker. I am just informing the masses of lots of decent jobs. As for me I love it here. Just the missus is trying to drag me out because of her appetite for original copies Sorry Original goods.

Living in Haikou is fantastic if you are a native Chinese or most foreigners. The remaining Lau Wai's (foreigners) find it difficult to live here because practically nobody can communicate with you unless you speak Mandarin or Hainanese. Even Cantonese is as foreign as English here.

The weather overall is great. 22 celsius today and they say it's winter. Wearing a T-shirt at the moment & it's midnight.. Should be in bed but the night life here is only beginning.. Single guys are out there like a pack of Wolves!

The money that Hainan are offering is very good considering Haikou is probably one of the cheapest places on the planet. The VP and the "leaders" have decided to go for quality Pilots, meaning they will try and be fussy with who they choose.

The package is Tax free, The housing allowance is almost enough, the management are great guys as long as you remember it's their train set.

Children's education: Sorry only Chinese schools. Their are montessori Kinergartens but that's it.

Western restaurants: 2 decent 5 star hotels (The rest of the 5 star joints paid for the extra stars) Mandarin..best Western food. Crowne Plaza.. Pretty good too but overpriced.

1 Scottish Hamburger Joint.. Something starting with a golden M Opened 14 months ago..

The medical care in Haikou is quite poor, the company drs are probably the best in Haikou.

It is an emotional rollercoaster but if you survive 6 mths you probably will never want to leave!