PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Training - Helicentre Aviation?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2022, 15:32
UpAndDownAndUpAndDow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, hasn't time flown! Just thought I'd chime in with an update.

After much deliberation, I decided to begin my training elsewhere. I had a lot of messages from various people across the industry with horror stories of dealing with them, and have reached out to several current and old students there and have heard similar stories again. Firing instructors for standing up to tyrannical management in cases where flight safety is concerned, lying to students with regards to future jobs, making up and spreading terrible stories about students to recruiters in the industry to ruin the student's reputation, and needlessly telling capable students to pay for more hours - in some cases taking a card machine out to a rotors running aircraft!

In my personal interactions with them, like a previous poster mentioned, I found their very salesy attitude was off-putting, and combined with their crazy prices and non-optional add-ons totalling thousands of pounds by the time I would've finished training, I decided my money would be far better spent elsewhere.

I know that there will be happy people that have gone through the school and succeeded, but from my impression it seems that for every one of those happy people there are several others feeling very hard done by that have changed school because they had enough. I have decided not to take this gamble!