PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas loses $860 million last year.
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2022, 03:05
neville_nobody

Received 151 Likes on 66 Posts
Deano I don't know how old you are and I don't care, Maybe you were around when AN fell over, I was and I was there when it happened. You may or may not be aware that several pilots (and possibly other staff ) departed this life at their own hand after AN fell over.

To wish another airline or any company for that matter to go completely belly up and run the risk of these scenarios happening again shows a sick mind at work.
However that is how capitalism works. Bankruptcy is ultimately a cleansing mechanism that keeps cleaning out the dead wood and enables new innovative entrants to come in. It also stops companies getting lazy. Just look what happens in industries when there is no real competition. The 737 is one very good example.

If your whole identity is tied up in one company and or your job then you have bigger issues that probably need to be dealt with by a professional.

That said even if QF did go broke I would be betting folding money that they will be nicely bailed out by the Labor government. They will fire the CEO and the board and recapitalise the airline with tax payers money. The management will walk away with the 10's of millions they have made and the public will be happy that QF still exist. Albanese will be hailed a hero for saving jobs etc etc.