PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you interested in Cathay Pacific? They are hiring now.
Old 29th Aug 2022, 18:04
Rie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaps, worth it to stop using your real names when you are constantly pestering for a Cathay job, its not a good look. The 3rd floor fellows will watch this and easily find that application and I'm sure many are ready to veto it. They need patient people not ones who stress over a couple of weeks of not hearing a thing.

As I have said before, they have other priorities right now. These include PR and HKCAD licence holders who can start quickly and have known histories in HK. Interviews for the above are already planned for the next couple of months. Anyone else can be a possible liability. Just look at QR and their current hiring attitudes due to licensing issues from some nations. If you are one of these nations, you have zero hope of hearing a word.

No other externals will hear a thing until they get through the current list. Maybe towards the end of the year feelers will go out, but no sooner. Using your real name won't make it go quicker either...

To add: DEFO will come first, they are already stocked with SO's who will have 6-7 years before an upgrade. Trust me when I say this is not going to be a fun job for you after that long. Many are going to leave well before that with unusable hours.