PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2022, 09:34
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark J Bowcock
Theres seems to be a lot of I think this and I think that statements in your responses. Virgin flew to Boston 3/4 times a week on an A330 and it was due to come back daily on Delta b4 covid struck! So I think there’ is demand for it tbh! United was due to be upgraded to a 767300 again b4 covid! Perhaps seeing you live in London you should really dedicate your time to LGW who kind of lost most of its long haul traffic! Didn’t Virgin pull out but kept Manchester.
Unless you work directly in the aviation industry all is conjecture (I don’t but do have contacts in Manchester and Kent directly in the cargo industry- admittedly mainly to the EU and Hong Kong Kong)

I may live in North West London however come from humble Wythenshawe backgrounds and my own business employs 30 locals in Manchester (60 in the UK and more in Spain and Portugal)

In am a company director, quantity surveyor and analytical by nature not some spotty teenager ( well not for the last forty one years gone)

Manchester is where much of my extended family live, and remains my heart and soul with the interest in Ringway airport being my past present and future thank you

Some lyrics to understand

Instincts that can still betray us
A journey that leads to the sun
Soulless and bent on destruction
A struggle between right and wrong
You take my place in the showdown
I'll observe with a pitiful eye
I'd humbly ask for forgiveness
A request well beyond you and I
Heart and soul, one will burn
An abyss that laughs at creation
A circus complete with all fools
Foundations that lasted the ages
Then ripped apart at their roots
Beyond all this good is the terror
The grip of a mercenary hand
When savagery turns all good reason
There's no turning back, no last stand
Existence, well, what does it matter?
I exist on the best terms I can
The past is now part of my future
The present is well out of hand
Heart and soul
One will burn
Heart and soul
One will burn

Any ideas ?

Have had enough of rather spiteful comments made elsewhere by ignorants, so please don’t bring them here , we all have an interest and don’t make it personal it’s not necessary is it really ?

I would be more than pleased to here from you and others anytime about information relevant through I will critique those when necessary it’s fundamentally how dialogue works .

As for Gatwick an airport yes I use for those trips to Spain but what’s it got to do with Manchester really ?

Again as with fellow London immigrant ( my Scottish friend) can I ask where you get/ got the information about United definitely returning in 2023 ?

And yes your pre COVID19 schedules Delta to Boston ( right plane size over partners Virgin big bird ) and United temporary use of the 764 aren’t disputed, however the world and industry has changed and the recovery process isn’t exactly a straight line is it ?

You can like it or not, 2023 is going to be a rough year and not a belief- a fact many / most carriers ( indeed business more widely) are already planning and implementing managed processes aimed a cash preservation not risky expansion.

Last edited by Rutan16; 29th Aug 2022 at 19:12.