PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas loses $860 million last year.
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2022, 06:46
dr dre

Received 367 Likes on 201 Posts
Originally Posted by Deano969
Na don't worry who's gunna fly em, Network, NJS, JQ or foreign workers, it's still Qantas right....
Not sure if you're aware Deano but the A321 will be flown by mainline SH pilots, the 350 and the eventual 330 replacement (my guess is more 787s) will be flown by mainline LH pilots. None of that flying will be outsourced. This has already been announced and signed into EBA variations that have been lodged with FWA.

The rest of your comment is quite accurate:

Hey we are flying to JFK again
Project Sunrise is coming
New A320s and A321s have been ordered
A220s as well

But hey look over there, now we want tenders to replace our A330s cos they are getting on a bit
Yea I know we own plenty of them, but we can sell em for cash and lease new ones, that'll get more cash in the bank
Yea I know we got a ton of 321s and 787s on order and these will end up being the replacements anyways but hey seriously its better to look over there
You're quite correct. Qantas is in a strong financial position, a big profit will be made next FY, lots of expansion on the horizon, plenty of new planes on order, lots of pilot recruitment planned for the next few years. Anyone who joins the mainline seniority list in the next few months is going to be in a really good position for the rest of their career.

On the other hand Rex, with it's supposed "much superior" financial position, had 10% of it's pilots resign in a week last month, and I'm going to guess a lot of them to come to mainline. They don't share your rosy assessment of Rex and bleak assessment of QF. It would be unheard of for 10% of mainline pilots (220 odd) to resign in one week to go to other pastures.

Last edited by dr dre; 28th Aug 2022 at 07:05.