PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair
Thread: Dragonair
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2004, 19:55
singletrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know wher half of you get you info, but it is off the mark alot. First off, no female chinese captain would have interviewed anyone. That lady is from operations, the one who most likely processes your CV.

Yes, we are working hard, the 320 captains are flying 80 to 90 hour months, the f/o's close to the same. The 330 roster isn't as bad, but between 28 to 36 sectors a month, 6 to 8 over nights, with late finishes.

I have been here for quite awhile, and yes we are working harder than in the past year, but the company is in such a fever to cut costs, they are trying anything on regarding attacking our COS.

If you are planning on showing up here with a wife and two kids who are in school, you won't be saving much. HK tax your salary,(small when considering our home countries), tax your school allowance, tax your housing allowance, tax your travel allowance.

Don't be surprised if the Govn't introduces sales tax in the next 4 years.

Did I mention the pollution? Enough said...

On a positive note, the guys are great to work with, and that helps.

If you are looking for a quick command, this is the place, but if you are looking for destinations, a back end crew you can have fun with, then this isn't the place.

Good Luck.