PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI "Plummet"?
Thread: TUI "Plummet"?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2022, 15:01
Gizm0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear! All I meant to point out was the benefit of practising high level go-arounds. Sim instructors please take note! In my particular case we (I) didn't do a brilliant job managing to climb rather than do nothing / descend. However I was flying manually which made it easier & quicker - and smoother - to recover than would have been the case if the pitch/power couple effect of TOGA, with the a/p in, which may have resulted in even more of a mess whilst I (or PM) pushed buttons, etc. I don't think this had ever happened to me before (in many years of flying) and had I practised it in the sim I might have made a better job of it.
Even though I'm no longer current it would seem that occasional hand flying (within strict parameters) would be a good thing but I gather many airlines now prohibit it: seems to say something about their confidence in their crews (or perhaps an individual's own confidence.........). Whilst I'm at it: Accountants & CPs - please make more sim time available to line crews - it'll pay off in the end!