PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI "Plummet"?
Thread: TUI "Plummet"?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2022, 10:57
sudden twang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok well some interesting comments here.

C52 please remain on this frequency 👍.

Respectfully if you’ve never flown a non FBW Boeing it’s difficult to know how much of a handful an untrimmed jet can be with the pitch power couple.
one major operator that I know of always trained manual flight, manual thrust. The problem of course is that selection of TOGA reengages the A/T. There have been many retests/ repeats of the G/A on LPCs because of this.
Many comments from non pilots on pprune forums have been excellent.

Noel I agree with all you said except to my definite knowledge at least 3 operators train G/As from above DA and from above GA altitude and have done for years.

Flying Clog, tongue in cheek/ a wind up/ trolling? Must be because it would otherwise be the worst advice Ive heard on pprune EVER 😂
AF447?

I note the AAIBs comments re recency and somotogravic illusion hmmmmn I’d be more interested in the crews sleep pattern in the previous 48hours.
I’d be even more interested in why 738 crews aren’t trained to disconnect the A/T during the G/A ( maybe they are).

BUT

The elephant in the cockpit is the fact that on a 21st century jet a normal function of the APFDS that has killed people before ( Air Dubai ? ) has not been designed out.

That is AP disconnect upon selection of TOGA.

This crew did not scrape the paint they did not hurt anyone, they got away with it. It wasn’t pretty but they sorted it out. There have been many incidents like this over the years some fatal some like this close calls and it will happen again.