PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2022, 09:02
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by easyflyer83
A rather bizarre caricature of a LCC passenger there. In reality, the attributes and characteristics of a passenger invariably depends upon their destination as opposed to the airline which they are flying.

Your average second home owner flying down to Faro displays the same characteristics as when they fly away for their long haul south East Asian holiday with Emirates.
No you are generalising rather than profiling as an analysis would . There is an interesting coralation by another on the Liverpool construction thread I know you visit that pretty much agrees with this when comparing Leeds and Liverpool experiences ; specifically IT passengers with luggage and Easyjet /Ryan experience where the vast majority of the customer base avoid paying for hold baggage

Indeed as I said it’s the very foundation of the flexible fares business model !

Easyjet and the hold baggage measures at the gates also means the few bags that fail and go in the hold for extras primarily by pass the airport baggage systems a further advantage over say 80 kgs of luggage for a family on an Tui or Jet2 holiday flight

Its not bazaar it’s an observation

Destination is irrelevant more rather time away .Two weeks in Jersey at a hotel or two weeks in Dubai for the family demands a considerable amount of baggage .

A few days in Faro probably not !

Indeed your reference of second homers and my own experience ( I have a home in Nantes and once had a home in Carnaxide) is things such as golf clubs remain in the second home and aren’t routinely airfreighted so to speak.

The dears that spend winter in Malta or Cyprus travel out of peak for the most part !
( many are regrettably going to fall foul of 90 in 180 day rule this coming winter, a great pity as their long stays frequently save them a lot of money whilst also reduce the risk of many health problems in the more temperate climb’s) Many will have voted for Brexit no doubt !

That said Dubai seems a potential beneficiary if you have a few million spare ( sell your Malta/ Cyprus home ) and move .
You can stay 30 days and extended to 60 days without a full visa I believe and up to three months with a Visa

Last edited by Rutan16; 27th Aug 2022 at 13:19.