PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flash Airlines B737 Crash in Egypt
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2004, 18:26
Man Flex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The posts on this thread seem to be concentrating on the service track record of this airline and the likelyhood that this was a technical malfunction. However the evidence clearly shows that what happened to this aircarft was clearly catastrophic.

What happened to this aircraft happened suddenly with little or no warning to the crew.

The wreckage is spread over a small area which does not suggest a break up of the aircraft in flight. The fuselage seems to have entered the water generally as a whole but the small pieces of wreckage found so far suggest that there was no attempt at a controlled landing and the aeroplane was falling vertically at speed.

I gather that mostly body parts have been discovered which again suggests that the aircraft entered the water at speed and broke apart on impact with the surface.

I find it difficult to imagine that a catastophic technical failure such as a double engine flame out could have led to the aircarft entering the water in this way. Explosive decompression can be immediately ruled out due to the altitude at which the incident occurred. Aircraft icing leading to subsequent loss of control seems highly improbable.

The American Airlines A300 in New York 2001 has all the same hallmarks as this incident. I honestly believe that only a failure such as what happened then could have caused this tragedy.

But then they thought that was terrorism too at first.